The BDS25 25mm bi-stable shutter is another new patent pending innovation in the UNIBLITZ line of high reliability electro-programmable shutter systems! This bi-stable device does not require power when held in either the open or close position. Power is only required to switch states and to operate the device's electronic synchronization option. The small form factor allows a 25 mm aperture to be installed into applications not presently accessible with existing UNIBLITZ VS series shutters. Its footprint is similar to the CS25, 25mm shutter, 2.25-inch diameter. Presently the device is offered in both an un-housed and housed version.
The UNIBLITZ BDS25 incorporates dual miniaturized actuators. One actuator is used to open the device while the other is used to close it. The BDS25 can be driven with existing VMM/VCM drive systems, however, requires a special interface cable, the 610A-MD1 (which includes a microprocessor controlled aux driver) for ease of operation, this cable is included with the BDS25. As an option, the shutter may also be equipped with an electronic synchronization system, to increase the unit's flexibility. The new shutter's multi-bladed design, combined with its dual miniaturized UNIBLITZ actuator, and patented damping system provides operation and control in applications where power availability is a concern or heat generated by holding shutters in one of two states cannot be tolerated.
When gating high intensity light sources, the BDS25 can be equipped with reflective blades. This option protects the shutter blades from the light source's damaging effects by reflecting the energy away from the blade surface. Three standard reflective blade options are also available, "S" (reflective stainless steel), "Z" (AlSiO) and "ZM" (AlMgF2).
- New quick-change housing eliminates need to remove attached equipment when updating shutter.
- Small form factor, a 45 mm aperture fits into a 4-inch diameter housing!
- Five-bladed design in combination with the UNIBLITZ actuator provide increased speed over other designs of this type.
- State of the art patented damping system for increased reliability and speed.
- Reflective blades available for laser and non-coherent light sources, "S", "Z" and "ZM" Type.
- Can be driven with our existing VMM/VCM drive units. Special driver not required.
- Mounting adapters available for "F" mounts (i.e. the #17 mount) and when configured with a #17 mount the QCS45 is adaptable to the Camelia camera utilizing the new #125 camera adapter.
- Electronic Synchronization System option available.
- Exposure repetition rates from DC to 15Hz.
- Can be configured normally open.
|Pulse Voltage to Open
||0°C to +80°C
|Max. Opening Bounce
|Max. Closing Bounce
|Max. Frequency of Operation (CONT/BURST)2
|Number of Blades