The QCS45 is the first shutter to utilize our new quick change housing. The new case design will virtually eliminate downtime due to recalibration and alignment when upgrading a shutter in your optical system. The housing consists of three parts: the case, cover and carrier. The carrier houses a the mechanical shutter and data connections. The case and cover remain attached to the existing aligned components at all times. By the removal of two screws, the carrier and shutter unit can be upgraded with a new one.
The QCS45 utilizes a modified CS45 standard shutter, therefore it possesses all the same reliability and timing characteristics as a typical CS45. For information regarding the electrical, mechanical and timing specifications of the QCS45 please refer to the CS45 documentation.
The QCS45, along with its state of the art patented damping system, provides increased reliability over other designs of its type. In addition, the system provides the reliable actuator system found in all other UNIBLITZ shutter designs allowing it to be driven with our existing VCM/VMM drive units. As an option, the shutter can be equipped the electronic synchronization system.
When gating high intensity light sources, the QCS45 can be equipped with polished stainless steel reflective blades. This option protects the shutter blades from the light source's damaging effects by reflecting the energy away from the blade surface. Also available are "Z" (AlSiO) and "ZM" (AlMgF2) coated shutter blades.
- New quick-change housing eliminates need to remove attached equipment when updating shutter.
- Small form factor, a 45 mm aperture fits into a 4-inch diameter housing!
- Five-bladed design in combination with the UNIBLITZ actuator provide increased speed over other designs of this type.
- State of the art patented damping system for increased reliability and speed.
- Reflective blades available for laser and non-coherent light sources, "S", "Z" and "ZM" Type.
- Can be driven with our existing VMM/VCM drive units. Special driver not required.
- Mounting adapters available for "F" mounts (i.e. the #17 mount) and when configured with a #17 mount the QCS45 is adaptable to the Camelia camera utilizing the new #125 camera adapter.
- Electronic Synchronization System option available.
- Exposure repetition rates from DC to 15Hz.
- Can be configured normally open.
|Pulse Voltage to Open
||+7 VDC / +5 VDC2
||0°C to +80°C
|Max. Opening Bounce
|Max. Closing Bounce
|Max. Frequency of Operation (CONT/BURST)2
|| 2.5 Hz / 15 Hz
|Number of Blades